“Before I Go” Checklist
The following list will be an ever-increasing list. I will keep adding to it.
- Plan your route!
- Call credit card company to let them know you are traveling.
- Call your bank to make sure they know you are traveling.
- Acquire international insurance and proof of insurance for the bike.
- Make a list of motorcycle dealerships along your route that can service your bike.
- Learn some motorcycle maintenance, especially how to change a tire.
- Make sure you have a cell phone with global capabilities.
- Ship tires, parts and equipment to locations they will be needed.
- Volunteer with a “Do Good As You Go” organization such as the Muskoka Foundation.
- Take a first aid training course, or take a refresher course.
- Take a mechanics course.
- Medical insurance.
- Evacuation insurance.
- Make a plan for accessing funds in foreign countries.