Challenges / Goals
Want to have some interactive fun? Choose a goal to sponsor from the list below.
(Or suggest a new challenge/goal for me by filling out the contact form located at the bottom of this page.)
BELOW ARE SUGGESTED DONATION AMOUNTS. Pledge as much or as little as you’d like.
“If I Can Make It!”
Everything from Trip Milestones, publicity events, and moments of sheer willpower!
- $100 – Complete 5,000 miles
- $150 – Motorcycle 350 miles in one day
- $250 – Complete 10,000 miles
- $250 – Be interviewed on the radio or the news to raise awareness of a charity
- $250 – Appear in an article in a newspaper publicizing a charity
- $250 – Motorcycle over the ‘Top of The World Highway’ in the Yukon Territories
- $500 – Drive the TransCanada Highway from Calgary to Toronto
- $1,000 – Complete 15,000 miles
- $1,500 – Arrive at the Arctic Circle sign in Alaska
- $2,500 – Make it to Halifax, Nova Scotia without giving up
Help Those Who Cannot Help Themselves – That’s the name of the game.
- $150 – Visit one of the charitable organizations and post a photo of their work
- $150 – Visit with UrbanPromise in Miami
- $150 – Visit with UrbanPromise in Vancouver
- $150 – Visit with UrbanPromise in Ontario
- $150 – Visit with UrbanPromise in Trenton, New Jersey
- $150 – Visit with UrbanPromise in Wilmington, Delaware
- $150 – Visit with UrbanPromise in Camden, New Jersey
- $200 – Help a relative of yours that needs some assistance
- $200 – Visit with Humble Design in Detroit, Michigan
- $200 – Volunteer with Project Vote Smart in Montana
- $200 – Feed the homeless with St. Benedict’s the Moor in Milwaukee
- $750 – Visit with all 6 Urban Promise centers in the USA and Canada
“Collecting ‘I Dream…’ Ribbons”
Each dream will be placed on a ribbon and tied around Miami Shores Presbyterian Church in Miami, Florida.
- $25 – Collect 25 dreams from people on the route
- $50 – Collect 50 dreams from people on the route
- $100 – Collect 100 dreams from people on the route
- $200 – Collect 500 dreams from people on the route
- $300 – Collect 1000 dreams from people on the route
- $400 – Collect 2500 dreams from people on the route
- $500 – Collect 5000 dreams from people on the route
- $750 – Collect 10,000 dreams from people on the route
- $1,500 – Collect one dream for every mile!
“Just for fun!” Goals
From the silly to the spectacular, it’s no holds barred on what I might come across on my journey…
- $50 – Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- $50 – Take & post a photograph of the sign at the US/Canadian border
- $50 – Walk across the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver
- $50 – Enter the Biosphere in Montreal
- $100 – Persuade a Canadian Mountie to let me wear his hat (Photo!)
- $100 – CouchSurf one night in Vancouver
- $100 – Visit the Sign Post Forest in the Yukon Territories
- $100 – Visit the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan, post a photo of a Model T
- $150 – Kayak through glaciers outside of Anchorage Alaska
- $150 – Photograph the sign of the Indy 500 Speedway in Indianapolis
- $150 – Photograph in front of the World’s Largest Tire
- $250 – Photograph a wild bear and post it to Facebook
- $250 – Photograph a whale in the ocean
- $250 – Photograph an eagle in the wild
- $250 – Photograph a wolf in the wild
- $250 – Ride the ‘Going to the Sun Road’ in Glacier National Park in Montana
- $250 – Complete the National Geographic Drive along Lake Superior
- $250 – Camp over night in a tent in British Columbia
- $250 – Post a video of the Aurora Borealis lights to Facebook
Want to make a donation?
If you’d like to set a goal for me to complete and make a donation, fill out the form below & let me know. You will also need to actually make the donation directly to the charity of your choice by visting this page and clicking on the charity’s link.
New goals that you think of me to do must be on (or close to) the planned route. “Close to” would be considered within 50 miles or so of the route shown on the Google Map.
List of Possible Challenge Goals that could be set along the route are almost limitless. It is suggested that challenge goals are a mixture of ‘do good as you go’ deeds (such as volunteering with organizations) and fun sight seeing challenges. Challenges with high costs involved such as skydiving and bungee jumping off a bridge would probably not be completed. Donors are free to choose one the challenges below or suggest one from their own imagination. All challenge goals should be kept “family friendly.”